The Village Clerk is in charge of ensuring that the electoral process is fair,
accurate, and impartial.
Where to Vote
The Village of Pleasant Prairie has five voting locations throughout the Village,
open from 7:00 a.m. until 8:00 p.m. To find your voting location, please click here or call the Village Hall at 262/694-1400.
In order to vote in the Village of Pleasant Prairie, you must be a registered voter. The State of Wisconsin has set the following minimum requirements to register: You must be 18 years of age; you must be a U.S. citizen; and you must reside in the Village of Pleasant Prairie for at least 28 consecutive days before an election.
You may register to vote at the Village Hall during regular business hours, by mail or at the polls on Election Day. The deadline to register prior to any election at the Village Hall is the Friday before the election at 5 p.m. Voter Registration Applications submitted by mail must be received or postmarked no later than the 20th day before any election. Proof of residence is also required at all times when registering
to vote or when updating a name or address change. Acceptable forms of proof of residence are listed on the back side of the Voter Registration Form. A voter registration application must be completed for all name and address changes.
Not sure if your registered to vote Click Here
If you're not currently registered to vote and would like more information about how to register, click here or call the Village Clerk's Office at 262/694-1400.
Voting by Absentee Ballot
- ABSENTEE BALLOT REQUESTS MUST BE IN WRITING.
- Any qualified elector who is unable or unwilling to appear at the polling place on Election Day may request to vote an absentee ballot.
- A qualified elector is any U.S. citizen, who will be 18 years of age or older on Election Day, who has resided in the ward of municipality where he or she wishes to vote for at least 28 consecutive days before the election.
- The elector must also be registered in the Village of Pleasant Prairie before an absentee ballot request will be processed.
TO RECEIVE AN ABSENTEE BALLOT
- Contact the Village Clerk and request that an Application for Absentee Ballot be sent to you or Download the Application for Absentee Ballot
- A written request, other than completing an Application of Absentee Ballot, must list your voting address within the municipality, the address where the absentee ballot should be sent, if different, and contain a signature.
- You can also personally go to the Village Hall during regular business hours beginning the third Monday prior to an election until 5 p.m. on the Friday preceding an election and vote by absentee ballot.
- Special absentee voting application provisions apply to electors who are indefinitely confined to home or a care facility, in the military, hospitalized or in service as a sequestered juror. If this applies to you, contact the Village Clerk.
ABSENTEE VOTING DEADLINES
- BY MAIL: The deadline for making application to vote absentee by mail is 5:00 p.m. on Thursday preceding the election. (For military, indefinitely confined electors and sequestered jurors the deadline remains at 5:00 p.m. the Friday before an election).
- IN PERSON: The deadline for voting an absentee ballot at the Village Hall is 5:00 p.m. on FRIDAY preceding the election.
- All voted ballots must be returned to the Village Clerk so the Clerk can deliver them to the proper polling place before the polls close on Election Day.
For additional information, please contact the Clerk’s Office.
Jane M. Romanowski, Village Clerk
Village of Pleasant Prairie
9915 39th Avenue
Pleasant Prairie, WI 53158
Hours: Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.