Information collected and stored automatically
As you browse through the Village of Pleasant Prairie website, certain statistical information is gathered, so that we can work to try to serve you better in the future. We automatically collect and store only the following information about your visit:
- The Internet domain (for example, "xcompany.com") and IP address (an IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you are surfing the Web) from which you access our website;
- The type of browser and operating system used to access our site;
- The date and time you access our site;
- The pages you visited; and
- If you linked to our website from another website, the address of that website.
We use this information to help us make the site more useful to our visitors -- to learn about the number of visitors and the types of technology our visitors use. We do not track and record information about individuals and their visits.
Personal Information You Provide
If you choose to provide us with personal information -- such as in email or by completing other forms which you submit through our website - we use this information only to respond to your questions or process the forms to complete the requested transactions. No information is shared with other agencies unless it is required we do so by law. No information gathered is used to create individual profiles. The Village of Pleasant Prairie does not collect information for commercial marketing, nor do we sell your information to private companies.
Protection of Minors
The Village of Pleasant Prairie is concerned about protecting the privacy of children. We encourage parents to be involved in their children's Internet explorations. We specifically ask that children get their parents permission before providing any information online -- to this or any other site. Most importantly, when children do provide information through the Village of Pleasant Prairie web site, it is only used to enable us to respond to the writer, and not to create profiles of children.