What's News in Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin
Back to News
ELECTION DATES & DESCRIPTIONS
Two elections will be held in Pleasant Prairie during 2009, a Spring Primary Election and a Spring Election. The Spring Primary Election is a nonpartisan primary held on the third Tuesday in February to nominate candidates to be voted for at the Spring Election. The Spring Election is the election held on the first Tuesday in April to elect judicial, educational and municipal officers and nonpartisan county officers. Dates for the two elections being held in 2009 are:
• February 17, 2009 - Spring Primary Election
• April 7, 2009 - Spring Election
On these election dates, Village polling locations will be open from 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. so that you may exercise your right to vote.
WHERE TO FIND MORE VOTER INFORMATION
More information about voting in the Village of Pleasant Prairie is available online by clicking here. You’ll be taken to the Voting page on PleasantPrairieOnline.com where you'll find links to specific areas of the Government Accountability Board’s website with information related to the following:
• Where to vote - your ward and voting location
• How to find out if you are already registered to vote
• How to register to vote - what your options are
• What documents you can use when registering to vote
• How to apply for an absentee ballot
• Who your elected officials are currently (under Where do I vote? )
As election dates approach, you can also find a sample ballot posted on the main page of this website. Information about voting in the Village is also available on page four of your Village Calendar or by telephone at 694-1400.