What's News in Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin
New Sledding Hill
Back to News
In late 2008, John and Dorothy Ingram donated land for the creation of a new park. A park plan was approved in 2010, and since that time, work on the park has taken place as staff time and funds have become available. Dry conditions this past spring and summer allowed staff, who would otherwise have been maintaining grassy areas, time to excavate a 3 acre fishing pond. In order to save the cost of hauling the excavated soils away, the park plan was modified to include a sledding hill.
The sledding hill is now ready for use pending an adequate amount of snowfall. Ingram Park is located east of 60th Avenue on 93rd Street. There is a gravel drive, constructed of recycled asphalt millings, leading towards the sledding hill. A gravel parking area is located to the east of the driveway, north of the sledding rules sign. This year, the sledding hill will be open from dawn to dusk, conditions permitting. Below are the rules associated with the new hill. Rules are also posted on site.
• Use at your own risk. Sledding hill is not supervised. Parents or guardians are responsible for the safety of their children.
• An adult should ride on sled with children under the age of 5.
• Children under 10 are to be supervised by an adult and are strongly encouraged to wear a helmet.
• Users assume full responsibility for determining if conditions are safe for sledding.
• No skis, snowboards, metal runner sleds, or bicycles allowed. No sledding on plastic sheets, cardboard or other materials that could be pierced by objects on the ground. Only manufactured sleds shall be used.
• No motorized equipment, ATVs, snowmobiles, etc. allowed.
• All participants must sit in a forward-facing position. No one should sled head-first down a slope.
• Sled only in designated areas free of fixed objects, such as trees, posts, and fences.
• Do not sled on slopes that end in a street, parking lot or pond.
• Standing on or overloading sleds is prohibited.
• Sled in well-lighted areas.
• Always keep a safe distance from others when sledding.
• Exit bottom of hill promptly.
• Wait for others to clear the bottom of hill before sledding.
• Walk up hill on designated trail only.
• Construction of ramps, bumps, hills, jumps or moguls is prohibited.
• Pets are strictly prohibited on sledding hill.
• The Village of Pleasant Prairie reserves the right to set rules of conduct while on the property.
• Alcoholic beverages are prohibited in all Village parks.
• Open dawn to dusk, conditions permitting.
• Emergencies - call 911