What's News in Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin
2012 Paving Projects
Back to News
During May, staff will solicit bids for 2012 paving and road construction projects. Once bids have been received and reviewed, the Village Board will consider awarding a contract for the 2012 projects. Village paving is expected to begin during June and to continue through the end of August. This season, the Village has plans to complete six paving projects. The finalization of the project list will depend upon the price of asphalt at the time the final bids are received. Following are the six paving projects proposed for 2012.
• Repave 116th Street between Sheridan Road and 26th Avenue.
• Mill surface asphalt and repave 102nd Street west of County Highway H.
• Mill asphalt and repave 100th Street between County Highway H and 80th Avenue.
• Apply a microsurface to 85th Street between Cooper Road and 39th Avenue.
• Apply a microsurface to Lakeshore Drive between 7th Avenue and 116th Street.
• Complete final paving in the Ashbury Creek subdivision.
The projects listed above will be paid for with a combination of dollars from the general fund budget and developer funds. The Village has budgeted $600,000 from the general fund budget for road paving projects during 2012.