What's News in Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin
Spring Leaf Collection
As a part of the Solid Waste Services provided in the Village, crews collect loose, un-bagged leaves directly from your curb or roadside each fall and spring. Weather permitting, Spring Leaf Collection will begin on April 2. In order to have your leaves collected, simply follow the steps you see below.
• See the Leaf Collection Map attached as a PDF below to identify your collection zone.
• See the Leaf Collection Schedule to determine your collection date.
• Have loose leaves ready by 7:00 a.m. on your collection dates.
• To prepare your leaves, rake your loose, fallen leaves into a pile at your curb or on your roadside.
• Leaves must be within six feet of the asphalt road to be collected.
• Please keep leaves off of the asphalt.
• For residents with curbs and gutters, please place loose leaves on the grass by your curb.
• For residents with a ditch line, please place loose leaves on the grass along the roadside of the ditch.
• Because leaves are collected with a vacuum, they must be piled loose.
• Bagged leaves or grass, branches and other yard waste will not be collected.
• Please do not mix other yard waste, such as potted/garden plants or branches, into your pile of leaves. Doing so can damage the leaf collection vacuum and may cause costly delays.
One round of leaf collection will take place this spring. If you miss your scheduled collection day, leaves and other yard waste may also be taken to the Compost Site at 8600 Green Bay Road. The Site will be open through December 1. For a complete schedule of hours for the Compost Site and a listing of accepted items, please click here. If you have additional questions, please call 262.925.6700.
Back to News