What's News in Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin
Steak By Fire
Back to News
Members of the Pleasant Prairie Fire & Rescue Association wish to express their thanks to those who have supported the Steak By Fire Fundraiser held annually during November. Funds from Steak By Fire (along with other donations) enable the Association to make emergency equipment purchases for the Fire & Rescue Department that may have been put on hold or declined due to budgetary constraints. Past purchases made by the Association have included: automatic defibrillators, a thermal imaging camera, computers, and radios.
Recently, due to the generosity of those who have supported the event, the Association was able to make additional purchases for the Fire & Rescue Department. They include:
• stabilization struts for use during vehicle accidents, structural collapses, and other emergency events
• CPAP units for use during respiratory distress situations
• an ALS (advanced life support) manikin for paramedic practice and training related to skills such as intubation, inserting an IV, and needle chest decompression
• a GPS unit for use when responding to mutual aid calls
• an EZ-IO drill for use during ALS situations
Members of Pleasant Prairie Fire & Rescue wish to sincerely thank those who have shown their support for the Steak By Fire event.