What's News in Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin
Back to News
THE FOLLOWING CHANGES WILL BE IMPLEMENTED IN 2012...
Beginning in 2012, you cannot receive a ballot until you show one of the following forms of photo identification (ID) and sign the poll book. Your photo ID does not need to show a current address. (Please note if you are using your photo ID to prove your residence when registering to vote, then the ID must not be expired and the name and address needs to match).
ACCEPTABLE FORMS OF VOTER IDENTIFICATION
- Wisconsin driverís license expiring after the date of the last General Election, 11/2/10
- Wisconsin DOT-issued photo ID card expiring after 11/2/10
- U.S. passport expiring after 11/2/10
- Military ID card expiring after 11/2/10
- Certificate of naturalization issued within the last 2 years
- Unexpired Wisconsin driverís license or state ID receipt
- ID card issued by a federally recognized Indian tribe in Wisconsin
- Unexpired ID issued by a Wisconsin accredited university or collegeómust contain issuance date, student signature, and expiration date within 2 years of issuance
Photo ID must accompany absentee ballot requests. Voters will be required to submit a photocopy of an acceptable form of photo ID with their absentee requests. Photo ID will not be required, but will be replaced by alternative documentation, for voters on the permanent absentee list because they are indefinitely confined and nursing home residents who have their ballots delivered by a Special Voter Deputy. Absentee voting at Village Hall is now restricted to the two weeks before an election and ends the Friday before the election at 5:00 p.m.
Voter registration at Village Hall now ends the Friday before the election at 5:00 p.m. You may still register at your polling location on Election Day by providing the proper proof of residence or by mail prior to the 20th day before an election. You now must reside at your address for at least 28 consecutive days to be eligible to vote. To learn more, please click here or contact the Clerkís Office Monday through Friday between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. at 262.694.1400, at 9915 39th Avenue, Pleasant Prairie, WI 53158, or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For 2012 election dates, please click here.