What's News in Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin
Lawn and Garden
Back to News
Courtesy of the American Water Works Association...
TIPS TO CONSERVE WATER IN YOUR LAWN AND GARDEN
- Use a bucket of soapy water and a hose with a shutoff nozzle to wash your car. Better yet, wash your car at a commercial car wash that recycles water.
- Adjust the height of your lawnmower to cut your grass higher. This helps protect roots from heat stress and reduces the loss of moisture to evaporation.
- Promote deep root growth with proper watering, aerating, fertilization, grass-clipping control, and attention to lawn height. A lawn with deep roots requires less water and is more resistant to drought and disease.
- Water your lawn and landscape plants early in the morning when the sunís rays arenít working to evaporate your water.
- Select plants that are native to your region and can thrive with little to no extra watering. Your local nursery can help you identify and select drought-tolerant plants.