What's News in Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin
Emergency Alerts Via Text
Back to News
The Village recently subscribed to a service called Nixle that will allow Pleasant Prairie public safety officials to send text messages and email to subscribers in the event of a public safety emergency such as: a missing child or person, police activity, evacuations, severe weather-related emergencies, and other dangerous situations. If you would like to receive emergency text messages and email from Pleasant Prairie via Nixle, please follow the instructions below.
• Visit www.nixle.com, and click the “Sign Up Now!” button. Then enter your email address, a password, your full name and your mobile phone number. Click the “I Accept. Sign me up!” button.
• On the next screen, enter your home address, city , state and zip code; then click “Apply” to confirm your address. You can then choose whether or not to refer your friends to Nixle.
• On the next page, select your age category, gender, household size and your occupation. Then click “Go to Nixle.” You may add as many new locations as you’d like.
• Select the “Settings” tab. Here you’ll select which publications you’d like to subscribe to under the “Local Agencies” sub tab. To receive messages from the Village, check the box next to “Village of Pleasant Prairie.” Once complete, click “Save.” This will save your settings and you can then select the “Home” tab to view alerts.
• When entering a mobile phone number, you will receive an “opt in” welcome message on your mobile phone. Reply “YES” in order to receive SMS text messages.
If you have questions regarding subscribing to Nixle, please contact customer support at email@example.com.