What's News in Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin
2011 Paving Program
Back to News
On Monday, May 16, the Pleasant Prairie Village Board awarded a contract for paving projects to Payne & Dolan, Inc. of Kenosha in the amount of $983,262.13. Seven projects are slated for completion as part of the 2011 Paving Program.
- Work will take place on 47th Avenue, between 116th and 128th Streets. Asphalt on 47th Avenue will be pulverized and relayed.
- Work will take place on 95th Street, between Green Bay Road and 88th Avenue, and on 80th Avenue, between 95th and 104th Streets. Asphalt will be milled and relayed to prolong the life of the concrete road base. The milled asphalt will be recycled for use over a future bicycle trail.
- In the Mission Hills subdivision, pavement edges will be milled and an ultrathin overlay of asphalt will be applied.
- In the Woodfield Estates subdivision, a final, surface course of asphalt will be applied and necessary adjustments and repairs will be made.
- In the Prairie Ridge retail area, a micro surface will be applied to the roadway and pavement markings will be applied.
- Work will take place at the intersection of 102nd Street and Old Green Bay Road. Asphalt will be milled and removed and new asphalt will be relayed.
- At the intersection of Cooper Road and 85th Street, existing lane markings will be removed and new lane markings and signage, similar to those at the intersection of Cooper Road and 80th Street, will be reapplied.
Paving projects in the Village are expected to begin during mid-June and to continue through the end of August.