What's News in Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin
Back to News
During 2010, the Pleasant Prairie Police Department handled 406 animal control complaints. A majority of these are related to dogs. In an effort to reduce the number of animal related complaints, the department is asking pet owners for assistance. By considering the following guidelines, pet owners can show their neighbors common courtesy, abide by the law, and can help keep their pets and neighborhoods safe.
• Please keep your dog properly leashed and under your control when away from your property;
• Please tend to your dog’s barking or other noises in a timely manner, so it does not become an annoyance to those living nearby;
• Ensure that your dog has been properly vaccinated for rabies;
• License your dog with the Village;
• Do not keep a dog that has been determined to be “vicious” without the required Vicious Dog License issued by the Village;
• Keep your property reasonably clean of dog waste, and please clean up after your dog when out for a walk;
• Keep your dog on a leash while on any street, bike path, beach, public ground and park in the Village.
The golden rule for responsible dog ownership dictates that your decision to own a dog must not impact in any way upon the lives of those who live around you and who choose not to have a dog. The Pleasant Prairie Police Department thanks you for your consideration and responsibility as a dog owner.