What's News in Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin
Back to News
Fascinating Facts About Water Courtesy of the American Water Works Association...
- At least 30% of water used annually by a single-family suburban household is for outdoor irrigation. A large portion of that goes to waste through evaporation or runoff caused by over-watering.
- Consider installing a rainfall or soil moisture sensor for your automatic sprinkler system. Rainfall sensors stop watering in the rain and moisture sensors monitor the soil to determine when and how much water is needed.
- Install drip-irrigation or soaker hoses for more efficient watering in planting beds and beneath shrubs and trees.
- Use a broom or rake (not the hose) to remove debris from driveways and walkways. It saves water and itís good exercise.
- Aerate clay soils at least once a year to help the soil absorb and retain moisture, which helps your plants.