What's News in Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin
Fall Leaf Collection
As a part of the solid waste services provided in the Village, crews collect loose, un-bagged leaves directly from your curb or roadside each fall and spring. This year, Fall leaf collection will begin on October 18. In order to have your leaves collected, simply follow the steps below.
• See the Leaf Collection Map on the PDF attached below and identify your collection zone.
• See the Leaf Collection Schedule on the PDF attached below to determine your collection date.
• Have loose leaves ready by 7:00 a.m. on your collection dates.
• To prepare your leaves, rake your loose, fallen leaves into a pile at your curb or on your roadside.
• Leaves must be within six feet of the asphalt road to be collected.
• Please keep leaves off of the asphalt.
• For residents with curbs and gutters, please place loose leaves on the grass by your curb.
• For residents with a ditch line, please place loose leaves on the grass along the roadside of the ditch.
• Because leaves are collected with a vacuum, they must be piled loose.
• Bagged leaves or grass and branches will not be collected.
Weather permitting, three rounds of leaf collection will take place this year. If you miss your scheduled collection days, leaves and other yard waste may also be taken to the Compost Site at 8600 Green Bay Road. The Site will be open through December 4. For a complete schedule of hours for the Compost Site and a listing of accepted items, please see page 8 of your 2010 Village Calendar or click here. If you have additional questions, please call 262/925-6700.
Back to News