Prairie Springs Park & Lake Andrea
Lake Andrea & Andrea Plaza
Lake Andrea and Andrea Plaza (located on the south side) are named after
former Senator Joseph F. Andrea for his significant contribution
to both the Village and the LakeView Corporate Park. Previous to
1995, the lake was an unsuccessful gravel pit. The extension of
state highway 165 used the remaining gravel and fill, and the lakeshore
was shaped as material was removed. It is now the beautiful
focal point of the park, Lake Andrea. The lake consists of approximately
110 acres of spring-fed water, with a depth range of 4 to
45 feet (the deepest point located on the east shore by RecPlex).
The water temperature in the summer months varies from 70 to 80
degrees. Some other important things to know about the lake are:
- Boat launching is permitted with a DNR watercraft license (no gas powered
boats allowed; electric trolling motors only).
- Trailered boats or craft
may be launched in the water at boat launch located on the
north side of the lake, or portage of the craft may be done anywhere around
the lake except for at the beach.
- Wisconsin fishing license is required when fishing; all boats must also
be properly licensed.
- Catch and release fishing is strongly encouraged; the fish habitat is
still being established.
- Most of the fish that inhabit the water are northern pike, walleye,
small and large mouth bass, crappie, blue gill, pumpkin seeds
- Wind surfing seasonal passes were implemented in 2002. No wind
surfing is allowed on the lake without this special pass. They
may be purchased at the RecPlex (see Wind Surfing section below).
Seasonal Beach and Park Pass
- Free with Annual RecPlex membership
- Includes access to the beach and all gravel and paved lots
- For sale only at RecPlex
Seasonal Wind Surfing Pass
Beginning in 2002, wind surfing seasonal passes will be required for
use of Lake Andrea. Please be aware this is part of an ordinance
that is currently being considered as of 4/00.
- All bows must be cased during transport to and from the Archery Range
- The range may not be utilized before sunrise or after sunset
- It is unlawful to have a bow and arrow in any other area of Prairie Springs
Park or in any other park in the Village
- Usage is free to all park pass holders and RecPlex members
- Daily pass is required for day use by non-pass holders and may be purchased
- Village Resident $4
- Non-Resident $7